Thursday, January 19, 2017

January 15, 2017

We went swimming

just kidding

So this transfer so far has been going really well so far. The work gets better each and every week. We are seeing the improvement in the area which is what I have been praying and asking for is that the area will just improve. We are starting to work with the ward more and were getting some great new people to teach. The first sunday this transfer we had 2 investigators then 2nd we had 4 then yesterday we had 6:) So some good things are happening. We will see next week if we can get 8:) But we had a fun time working this last week. We did A LOT of tracting. We kinda have to because there just is not that many members or less actives around that can be taught often so we just have to find find find. I can definitely tell a difference in my finding now compared to about a year or so ago. I feel like now I have a better idea on how to do it more effectively and how to find better people and not just wasting time to people who dont want to hear about the message. I have shared The Restoration over 1000 times. I love that message but you want to get deeper into the lessons and share more of the other great lessons we have. 

Now that the rainy seasons is not here I have not been carrying an umbrella around with me but there are still those occasional light rain days. The other day we went out to work and it started doing some light rain, it light rained alllll day. Elder Feiloaki and I really enjoyed it from about 1pm-5pm. People were just shocked we were out walking around still working even though it was raining. But once it hit 5pm the sun went down and it started to get cold... and we were very wet.. Then it didint get so fun haha.

The other day we did a lot of finding. We are really trying to stay close to the chapel so that investigators will not have any hard time coming to church. But the area around our church is pretty difficult. There are 3 huge catholic churches in that area so there are a lot of solid catholic people. Haha its kinda annoying when we talk to people and try to introduce our message and they just say "yeah yeah yeah, were catholoc". The other day we approached this guy in his late 30s probably washing his car, in the Philippines the priesthood is pretty weak so we didint miss the opportunity to talk to this guy. So we did a pretty simple approach, "Hello, we are missionaries from the church of jesus christ of latter day saints" He then says that he knows about us and tells us he is closed catholic. which basically means "go away". So i said "oh that is great! Well I have a question for you, and I asked him if he believed that we had to be baptized in order to enter the kingdom of god and he said yea, then I asked him what about those that have died that didint have the chance to baptized. Then we just straight up ignored us haha he wouldnt even look at us, then my companion tried to continue talking and he wanted nothing to do with us, so then we walked away and said okay thanks, and he just laughed and said yeah, maybe next time! But life goes on.  

We have this new investigator her name is Zosima. She is 65 haha. It is the oldest investigator I have ever taught. She is a best friend of another member. But she is super interested and really wants to be baptized but its kinda hard for us to teach her the lessons because she doesnt understand very much very quickly and she has a hard time reading but she will eventually get it. We have been teaching our other investigator as well Freddy. Sadly he couldnt come to church yesterday because he had work but he is still making great progress. We taught him the Word of Wisdom the other day and he agreed to live it so he is definetley making steps of repentance in his life and coming closer to the Savior.

I have been trying to increase my scripture study this new year and really try to get more out of it and build my testimony about Christ and learn more about the scriptures. So the other day I was studying about a topic that I never really understood before and that kinda caught my attention. I studied about Jesus Chris about being our advocate. I really liked this because it helped me better understand that Jesus Christ really wants us to succeed and return to live there. He will plead our cause with Father.

I love you all and hope you have a great week:))



No comments:

Post a Comment