Monday, January 9, 2017

January 1, 2017

2016 in the bag

Hey everyone! I hope you all had an awesome time during new years and Christmas and were able to eat a lot and set some new goals that will hopefully last longer than up to February only:) I know I am really excited for 2017 it is my home coming year. Which is really surprising, the time has gone ridiculously fast. I am super excited for these last few months because it is going to be the best part of my mission, well I will make it the best part of my mission. I have a few specific goals and an overall general goal is that I just want to do my best and go home with no regrets of my service. So I am excited and I will see you all in about 5 1/2 months:) To be honest I dont know if I will call on mothers day. I was thinking maybe I will call in March on my birthday but we will see, but I think id rather just wait to see all of your faces again until june:)

New Years eve was pretty crazy. The work is pretty non existent on those days, we could of gone out and done finding but we tried to just fill our schedule with appointments so we didint waste too much time. My area is in the fire work capital of the Philippines so there are firework shops EVERYWHERE and that is not a joke you can seriously see one everywhere. So on New Years eve there was tons of people in the streets buying fireworks, lots of traffic. Then we went home at about 6ish after we taught a member family. THen we kinda just stayed in the house and listened to all the loud fireworks going on outside. We didint see too much because there are some big trees around our apartment and we didint bother to go outside. SO it wasnt very eventful. The next day we had church, and that morning was alsmot the opposite of the night before. It was quiet, and not many people outside. New years day this year was way different than last year. Last year we had our Pday so we didint have any work, but this year we had work the whole day and it was another difficult day of work because after church people started celebrating again and there were parades and lots of stuff going on, but we still taught some good appointments. So that was my New years holiday! Exciting??

The Thursday and Friday before the holiday Elder Feiloaki and I had some cool experiences. We really strengthen our testimony on the importance of members and missionary work. So I have been in this area now for 3 months and we have worked with the ward and tried to get them involved but maybe didint do our best with it. Also most of the members we think would be good fellowshippers area always at work, very busy people. But we took the advantage of the holiday break to invite our elders quorum president to a specific appointment at a specific time  on thursday and the 1st counselor in the bishopric on thursday. So when we met up with our elders quorum president, Brother Arvin on thursday we were excited to take him to an appointment we had scheduled with a family we have been teaching. When ever you get someone to come to an appointment with you, you are always a little scared that for some reason the appointment might cancel but that day we were confident and we were ready to go. So we got to the house and we went up to the door and there was a little note that said "To Elder, next week na lang po" So I was a little bit crushed inside but on the bright side it was really nice of them to leave a note, it means that they were at least expecting us. So I asked Brother Arvin if he knew any less actives in the area that we could visit, and he said that his own mother and sister are less active and they live jut a tricycle drive away. Soo I was very excited! Because not once in my 3 months has he said anything about them to us, and we didint know about them. SO we went out there and had two great lessons with his loved ones and he was there to support and we even met some new investigators. So it was great. That really helped me to know that there really is no such thing as a missed appointment, god has something else in mind that may be better. On friday almost the same thing kind of happened. We went with the 1st counselor to another family that we have been teaching and he was kind enough to take his only day off to come with us. As we came to the door of our scheduled appointment and they werent there, I felt awful. We went across the street and taught a less active family and it was a good lesson, and we got the family to open up their concern to us. I was saying a prayer in my heart that we would be able to go back to the house of our scheduled appointment and that our investigator would be there and we went back and he was! I was so happy and so grateful.Members seriously make such a huge difference in the lessons and the work. I almost dont want to work without them, we need them in the work or we wont have much success. I really realized that they just help the progression of the investigator move along so much better. I am grateful for those 2 days.

I love all of you and hope you had a great time these past few weeks. Have a good week this week. I love you and miss you and will see you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment