Monday, December 5, 2016

November 4, 2016

Hi:)

Hope everyone is getting ready to have TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!! I am actually curious who you will vote for so let me know if you feel okay with that. So yeah this week was pretty good. Down below you will see some pictures of of course a sunset and then a picture of a poster that we made for our investigator who has a smoking problem and there is a pic with me and my comp with him. Then the other one is of me in a sketchy alley way and the last is our zone activity we had earlier which was way fun:) 

So this last week we experienced the "last door" that every missionary talks about. So we planned to go visit a less active but she wasnt there so no surprise and this time it was about 8pm. Now if you are familiar with the missionary white handbook you would know that it says that "you should spend as much time proselyting on weekends and holidays to get into the homes of families" So here in the Philippines that does not apply (in my opinion) When it is the weekend here people are all outside singing karyoke and getting drunk. Especially on holidays. Also you would think that around 7 or 8 pm would be a good time to catch a family all together at the home but when we go tracting at that time no one wants to listen to us because its "late" 7pm late? Really? Okay... But yeah I am not complaining that is just kinda what I have experienced in my 1 year and 4 months. So anyways we got "punted" from our less active so we decided to go tracting at 8pm. yayyy (usually we would have an appointment set up at that time but this time we didint) So we went to a few houses knocking and talking to the few people on the street and they didint want it so we kinda just walked not really expecting anything but then I walked past this house and saw a family doing homework together... Whhhhaaatt???? I have never seen that happen here. So we quickly knocked on the door and they came to the door and we shared to their whole family so that was a really cool experience. I have never really taught a legit family together my whole mission. That was the first time. Most of the men are at work the whole day and the kids at school. They live a hard life here but they are so happy. They have really figured out how to "Find Joy in the Journey" and they know how to care for others. I really need to learn that as well. I am really trying to learn how to fully forget myself but it is hard haha. I listened to a talk by President Monson. What an amazing talk. I forgot what it was called but his main theme was finding joy in the journey. One thing he mentioned is that if we "pile up a lot of tommorows, we fill find a lot of empty yesterdays" SO I am going to try to do something everyday on my mission that I can remember forever. There was a scripture that I liked about gratitude DC 88  33 For what doth it profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he receive not the gift? Behold, he rejoices not in that which is given unto him, neither rejoices in him who is the giver of the gift.

I like this because it really talks about our life. It is a gift and we have to really rejoice in our life. I know I am not the best at doing this but hey knowing it is the first step right? Now I just have to work on really doing it:) Heavenly Father really loves. He wants us to be happy. We just have to do what we can and we will see all the amazing things that our Father has done, is doing and will do for us. I love this church I know it is true. Thanks for your love. I love all of you:)

Find the joy 






No comments:

Post a Comment