Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Hello everyone:)

This week was pretty great! It has been a while since I have written because our Pday was pushed back to wednesday because we had our temple trip today! But this week was soooo tiring. I really dont know why but I was just tired all week haha man it was tough. I also had some exchanges with the zone leaders and that was way fun. I went to their area and it was fun to see a different part of our zone. It was pretty close to the manila bay and it was weird and cool to see the ocean. One of the people we visited in that area lives in this tiny tiny hut thing and its just plastic and wood. But they were so HAPPY and they just smiled and smiled and loved having the missionaries there. That just goes to show that we seriously dont need material things in this world to be happy at all. Yeah they are fun but they are so useless to our plan of happiness. I just loved seeing that couple smiling so much in that tiny house listening to our short message. The people here are really great. How was General Conference?? It sounded awesome. I will get to watch it this weekend! Because they show it a week later here because they cant stream it live. I am not sure why. But I am more than excited and I am just going to sit there all day and take notes and learn how to become a better person! We have been inviting all our RCs LAs and investigators to come so hopefully we will have a good turn out! It would be such a great experience for them to hear the word of our living day prophet. Today was such a great day at the temple. I love it and it truly is the house of God. I felt the spirit so strong and I just loved being there. Earlier this week we went to the house of our investigator for an appointment and she told us that we were answers to her prayers. That felt really good to know that we truly were sent there by God. He plays such an active role in this work. We met with our most recent convert yesterday and she has two little girls one is 4 and one is 2. They are so cute but they are so loud and distracting and kind of annoying sometimes haha. They are very demanding and get what they want haha. The 4 yearold loves me and always wants to sit in my lap and she talks to me a lot in Tagalog and I most of the time just dont know what she is saying haha. And the 2 year old man she is a handfull. I always have a pen in my shirt pocket and she KNOWS that I dont want her to take it but everytime I go there she reaches for it and then I cover my pocket with my hand and she just laughs at me and says "no no no" because she know that I dont want her doing it. She tries to take all my stuff and hide it and she grabbed my umbrella the other day but I took it back and she didint like that so she spit in my face hahah not just a little kid spit but a full on wad of spit right in my face haha. But its kinda cute at the same time and she is just a little girl so its fine. But that recent convert is great. She just got baptized 2 weeks ago and she is already in Alma 40. It is so inspiring to see our investigators and rcs really read the BoM and it is motivation for me to always read. So I invite everyone reading this to read every day! Dont let a day pass that you study the word of God! It is so special and has so much to offer us! Well I love everyone and I am glad to be Gods missionary here in the Philippines! Turn to God always because he is there waiting to help!

Love Elder Webb





No comments:

Post a Comment