Sunday, October 11, 2015

Heyyyyyy wazzzzuupppppp,

This week was pretty good since last Wednesday! It was our General Conference week!! It was amazing! I hope everyone got the chance to listen to the amazing talks given by everyone! It is kind of embaressing to say but I think this is the first time in my life that I have ever watched alll of General Conference. BUt anyways SO I want to share some of my thoughts on the talks given. I loved Dieter F Uchtdorfs talk about people who are happy in the gospel because they accept the simple things and dont dig too deep into it. I often over look the simple things and start to question things that I already know. That is satan trying to distort your thinking. I loved how he said take time to think after your prayers and ponder and listen to the holy ghost. and ask yourself where you want to be and really think about how you can get there and how the holy ghost will help you get there. He said "We are the pilot of our own plane" (of course he used that because he loves planes) But we really are. We decide what we think, do, act. We even choose our own salvation as it says in the scriptures. That leads me to another thing said by our Prophet that "The choices we make here are forever important" I love that. 

I also really loved the talk by Larry R Lawrence talk about "what lack I yet" This is a great question that we can always ask. I especially wonder this on my mission because there is always room for improvment. Pray and ask god waht we lack and then humbly wait for an answer. So I tried this really really wanting to to what I lack and so I asked. I didint really feel a forsure answer like the examples given by him in the talk but for some reason my mind kept going back to thinking that I need to focus more on Tagalog. I still really didint think that was a forsure answer because I am always thinking about tagalog and how I can get better haha but as I read a letter from my dad today he talked about the language so I am taking that as my answer from GOd is that I need to try harder and focus more on the language. 

Vern Stanfill

I loved some of the things he said. 

"No matter the darkness of doubt we decide how long it stays" Sure we all feel doubt some times and fear but with the gospel and Jesus christ we dont need to doubt or fear. Doubt not Fear not (DandC 68:6) That is my favorite scripture. He also said "doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith" I love that because satan tries to tempt us and make us doubt. But doubt those doubts first before you question your faith.

Lastly I loved loved Devin G Durrants talk! IT was great! I am going to take the challenge that he gave us by ponderizing a scripture every week. This is such a great way to get to know the scriptures more and really trying to understand them and their meaning for us. He also said that "when we use our mind to ponderize a scripture, we have no other room for filth or bad thoughts in our minds." So when we have a bad thought just think about your scripture for that week and ponder it.

Conference was great and I am so glad to have been able to watch all of it. It is so cool to have seen the 3 new apostles been sustained and I know they are called of God and they will do great. I know that all those that spoke were inspired by god and they spoke on things meant just for us. I had a list of questions before conference and most of them were answered through those speakers. It is amazing how god works and It was so cool just to feel the amazing spirit they all brought! 

Well I hope everyone has a good week this week and does something to help someone else and increase their faith in christ and the gospel! I love you all!

Love Elder Webb




No comments:

Post a Comment