Tuesday, July 12, 2016

June 26, 2016

Heyyyy everyone!! Thanks for your advice on how to write a letter. I know that I suck at it so I am sorry but hopefully it will get better:)

So last Tuesday we had our Zone Conference. Thats when a couple zones get together and we have an all day conference with workshops and new information and stuff so was cool. We actually have a big change in our mission now. Since it is President Bertins last year (my last year too) He wants to make this year the best year the mission has seen. We focused on the success that has been being had in another mission in the Philippines where most companionships there are baptizing WEEKLY. Yes everyweek they get baptisms. So that is the new goal and big push in our mission right now. To baptize weekly. Me personally I am very excited to start working towards this. If this is gunna happen I am definetly in the right area to do it. We are going to start next week on july 3 with Clark Beltran. He is 19 and he is pretty awesome. He actually had a smoking problem but with the help from us and the Lord he has been able to overcome it and now he will be baptized:))  It took a little while though he has been an investigator for almost 3 months now but he made it!

Last friday we went out to work at 3 oclock after our weekly planning we had set some awesome plans and we knew it was going to be a good week. We went and picked up a ward member who was gunna come work with us and we headed off to our first appointment! But BOOM she wasnt there, but thats okay we had a good back up so went and then BOOM he wasnt there. Then I got a little mad so then we went to try and contact this OYM that we had but then hey guess what.. THey were no where to be found. So then we hiked up our huge hill of an area to contact another OYM, and turned out she was some crazy lady that just talked about how if we just believe we are saved and then tried to teach us so we got out of there. THen unfortunetly, I just lost it and was mad straight up. I shouldnt have gotten mad but I did. But after that things got better so it was okay. But progressively through the night in every appointment I felt my self getting sicker and sicker. Just my body started to ache and my throat getting sore then finally at 9pm we just got home and I passed out on the floor and I was just dead. I still kinda feel it today but thats okay it happens.

Lately I have been kinda getting in a rut. I dont like it. I feel like I almost starting to kinda get maybe a lil lazy and starting to worry to much about myself, but I need to snap out of it. I have found an interest in studying about the priesthood lately and I read a small quote in from Russell M Nelson in the last priesthood session he said something along the lines of " 
fear that too many have sadly surrendered their agency tthe adversary and are saying by their conduct, “I care morabout satisfying my own desires than do about bearing the Savior’s power to bless others.

I love that qoute. I have been pondering it the last few days. Am I caring about satisfying my own desires more than I care about going out and just serving. Maybe I do sometimes. I need to stop that and just forget about myself. So thats my goal this year along with baptizing weekly. I think those two go together.

Well hopefully this letter was better. LOVE YOU GUYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment