Tuesday, July 12, 2016

July 11, 2016

Wow sooo big change now. Elder Christensen is officially gone. I miss him a lot hahah man it sucks. It will be hard to get another companion like him. He was definitely my favorite. Yesterday was his official last day of work. We had some great lessons with members and recent converts then to finish it off we taught our investigator who was supposed to be last week BUT she cant now because she is in a "live in" situation with her husband which is weird because they have been together for 21 years and they have 2 kids that are 19 and 18 so we just kinda figured that they were married but turns out they arent soo yeah she cant be baptized which is such a huge bummer because she is way ready. Her son is already a member and their family goes to church often. But after we walked out of that lesson it was 8 30 and we started to walk home and I just looked at Elder Christensen and he said "im done, this is weird" That whole walk home was just weird because that was his last lesson of his whole 2 years of his mission. I cant even imagine that when it comes to be my time. It will be weird.

So I have a new companion right now his name is Elder Abay. I dont really know him but I have heard he is cool so I am excited. I am actually really excited to have a Filipino again because now I can start speaking Tagalog as much as I can so I can get better. Having an American comp is really fun but I need to speak Tagalog more so I can keep up my teaching skills. But everything will be awesome. I will miss Elder Chris so much. He was a big part of my mission life. He was my first DL and roommate when I first came in the mission and then my comp for 3 months so I will miss him a lot. But I will see him again. He lives in Perry Utah so not super far from BYU Idaho. He will be going to Utah State this fall.

Well I dont know how much longer I will be here in this area maybe 6 more weeks maybe 12 but either way I will be happy. Just happy to be moving along with my mission and doing my best and baptizing converts. Its a great work. Nothing else like it:)





No comments:

Post a Comment