Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 20, 2016

I have a bunch of cool pictures to send you guys because we went up to the mountains earlier today buttttt I forgot my camera sooo dang it.

Holy week is here... Holy week is crazy in the Philippines. I kid you not that Catholics here crucify real people... They dont die but they nail them to a cross and then if they do that there sins are forgiven for a whole year.. Yeah pretty messed up right?? Sad stuff.

So we had some good success a couple weeks ago with the baptisms but now its back to the GRIND on finding new people to teach. We did a lot of work just finding a lot of people this week but we kinda got rejected a lot haha. But since I am with E. Kirifi we just make fun out of it. We did have some luck this week with less actives coming to church and thats always great to see people coming back to church. Kirifi and I made a big mistake on sunday though hahaha... So we had these two less actives boys walk into church that we love, they are like our little homies. So they came into church and we were so happy. THen they said hey lets go get our cousin (also LA) and we said "you guys just go we have to go get someone else" So they went off. But once they left I thought to myself oh crap they probably wont come back. But we had trust that they would. So church started and they werent there. So I said to Kirifi, crap man they didint come back so he said "okay lets go get them" So we walked out quick to go to the house around the corner to get them. So we went and we saw them and they were bringing there whole cousins less active family. So Kirifi and I booked it back to the church. Buttt we missed the sacrament... Man I felt so bad. But in our defense we were going to gather the lost sheep;)

That actually sounds worse now that I typed it out... 

But yeah its getting pretty hot here. I kinda hate going out right at 12 because gosh its just humid and hot. But I kinda love it. I always walk outside everytime we work and I say "Ahhhh looovvee this heat" Then I love it all day. I actually do love it though. It really beats MN.

We have a couple of progressing investigators that are doing well. They are both youth age. Annabelle, and Patrica. Annabelle was supposed to be baptized this upcoming saturday but we felt that we needed to move it because she is not quite ready for it yet. But she is getting close. Patrica is a part member and her and her Grandma are starting to come back to church which is awesome.

I promise next week I will have a more detailed letter. I will take notes every day on what happened. 

I love you all.

ps I found my camera





No comments:

Post a Comment