Monday, October 31, 2016

October 17, 2016

Floods. I thought I escaped the floods when I left my first area but I was wrong. I got dropped off in the flood capitol. Dang it. Hahahah but its all good. I dont have a lot of time to write so I am going to try and go quick! This week was pretty good I am starting to overcome some personal trials and now my testimony is stronger. Thats what trials are for, if you handle them right your testimony and understanding will be stronger. I was studying the book of Enos last night and I learned a lot from that. I wrote down a few things. 1. What Enos desired- He wanted to have joy, he wanted to feel forgiveness and qualify for eternal life. Then I wrote down what I desired, turns out I wanted the same things Enos wanted. THen I wrote down what Enos did- His sould hungered, he kneeled down in mighty prayer and cried out to god in the supplication of his heart. Then I wrote down what I needed to do. I needed to have faith in God, ask in sincerity for his help. THen I talked about what enos experienced and what my experience was. It was the exact same but it turned out to have some of the same feelings. My faith grew, my testimony was strong, and I feel an increase of joy in my life. 

(I wish I had more time to explain)

 We have been finding some good investigators, priesthood holders and they are interested in the message which is great. Teaching them is a great experience because they have awesome questions and it feels good to be able to answer them with confidence and using the scriptures. One of which is Brother Ferdinad who when he first met us said that he will only believe us if we could prove to him in the Bible but as we taught him about the Book of Mormon and showed him the prophecies found in the Bible about it he slowly started to change. His mind really changed when we showed him John 10:16 about the "other sheep I have which are not of this fold" then we confirmed that scripture with the book of mormon in 3rd Nephi. Now he is reading the Book of Mormon and asking God if it to be true. 

I love all of you and I am so happy to be here in the Philippines serving! I know that you are all asking what I want for christmas and I will think about it and get back to you but I love you all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment