Sunday, February 14, 2016

Weekly Letter for the real homies Feb 14, 2016

HEY!! I am happy right now. Life feels good. I hope all you are happy. 

Mannnn we had an awesome week. Very busy, very rewarding. 

So I took some little notes every day this week so I could have a little bit of a better letter for you all... So I will just kind of go day by day..

Monday- This was just the pday I emailed last week but later on that night we usually always have FHE on monday nights here so we had a couple family home evenings this day. So the first one we planned on going to at about 5:30 but we were late and they were late also so we started at about 6:30 and our next FHE was supposed to be at 7:30 and it is like 30 minutes away... So we came way late to the last one haha we knocked on the door and the dad is just sitting there watching tv and the rest of the family was sleeping... Haha so it was pretty awkward and we felt really bad but they understood and we just shared a quick message and left.

Tuesday- So today wasnt anything too special we had a zone training meeting where our whole zone got together and we had some workshops and stuff. Then we all set goals as a zone. One of the goals we set is called "Magic 6" which is we get 3 referrals obtained and contact 3 referrals every day. And every time we got that we would text magic 6 to the ZLS letting them know that we got it. This was a fun thing and our whole zone got into it. The other goal is called "Magic L.A.M.E" (Less Active Magic Excitement) This means that every week we find at least 2 new less actives that we have not met before. This one me and my comp are leading in it. We were supposed to find 2 per week but we were finding 2 per day haha. But these are some fun goals that have got us motivated to open our mouths.

Wednesday- So wednesday was an interesting day... It was way hot and we went to go work. So we went out and started to find some less actives. So we found one and then we started to teach them, and they had a couple dogs that kept walking around me and I was sitting down talking and then all of a sudden I felt a warm sensation like a dog was licking me then I look down and freakin peed on my leg! My first appointment of the day and I already have dog pee all over my leg... I didint even go home to change I just kept on working.

Thursday- Today was all right. Kind of tough. I just kind of had a bad attitude so that is my fault. But we have this awesome investigator named Crisanto and he came to church for the first time last week but didint come yesterday:( But he is still way cool and we had a great lesson with him today. He really understands what we are teaching. And he understands his role as an "investigator" he knows that he is searching for the truth so its been fun to teach him and we can tell he always loves our visits. So we are working on him and praying that he will continue to progress.

FridayOn friday we found the funniest and cutest old lady less active. She was funny and it was way fun to teach her. She is in a tough situation she has been in and out of the hospital so it has been hard for her to go to church but we are trying to help her out. later that night we were just walking to an appointment and me and my comp just stopped and we saw this family outside and we both felt like we should go talk to them so we went over and did. The mom wasnt very interested but we taught the dad and he loved it. It was awesome to teach them, it felt really good after and me and my comp both kind of new that it was an impression.

Saturday- Hahaha this was an interesting day.So on friday night when we sat down to do planning for this day and usually on saturday we go to this part of our area that is WAY far away and just kinda pointless when we could focus on the area that is much closer to the chapel so its easier for people to come to church. So we sat down to plan and we just had no clue what to do, we made a plan but that soon fell apart so we just said ya know what lets just go out and work and see what happens haha obviously not the best example of what a missionary does but thats what happened. That day we just walked around and talked to people and taught them lesson 1 and we had 6 lessons that day and they were all lesson 1. We got a lot of new investigators and found some new LAs. I was way nervous for that day but it actually turned out alright and it was a good day.

Sunday- Kind of tough. I got sick again... I think I am getting allergies here which  really sucks but yeah we still went out to church and worked but it was tough. My body was way week and I am still kinda sick right now but its all good. 

So this is kinda a different approach on my weekly letter. Let me know if you like it or want something different. I love all of you and I am so grateful for you all!!

Have a great week!:)

Love Elder Webb





No comments:

Post a Comment