Tuesday, May 30, 2017

April 10, 2017

So this week was pretty sweet, and busy. So yeah we watch conference a week later than you guys, so we just watched it the last couple days and it was great. I had a some great questions and they were answered. Not directly but I have some talks to go back and study that will more expand the answer I am looking for. One talk that stood out to me the most out of all that I absolutely loved was by Russell M. Nelson. It is titled "Drawing the Power of Jesus Christ into Our Lives" I loved it. It was answer to most of my problems as I was listening and searching for my answers to my issues I just thought "Duh, get to know more Jesus more, he is the answer to ALL our problems" So that one really touched me. A lot of others hit me that I liked a lot that I cant wait to study. Of course our Prophets messages were so short but SO powerful. It just showed that all we need to do is just be obedient to those small things and we will be GOOD! Which led to Whitney L Claytons which was all about doing the small things. It is so cool how conference just ties up together soooo well. So inspired. Sunday morning session was just so great, Elder Rasbands talk im sure hit all missionaries around the world to act on that first prompting. So many times I have ignored the first prompting and so many times I have followed it but it is so true what he said about questioning if the prompting is from God, or just our own thoughts, stop rationalizing just do it if it is good! So I am trying to really do that now. Yesterday we came home from conference and started our weekly planning and studies and we were going to be home for the rest of the night. Then as we were planning this name popped into my head and I remembered that we were supposed to go teach them that night at 7, but it was already 6:10 and we were not even sure if they would be there. But I remembered the talk and we just dropped what we did and left to go teach, but I said to God, "You know, I really dont know if this is from you but I am just gunna do it because I feel its right, and if they arent home I wont be upset." Turns out they were not there haha and we didint teach, so I am not sure why I felt like I needed to go but I am sure it was for some reason and I showed my obedience. So who knows, but it was good. We are teaching some pretty sweet investigators right now, especially sister Mayeth and her husband, they are super interested and have lots of questions and went to church the first time we invited them which doesnt happen often at all. It was cool to see these last 2 weeks Elder Slade and I just ended up in the right places a lot. We definitely felt led a lot. One in particular is we were exploring this neighborhood called Pabahay 2000 and in that place they have 7000 houses, which is a TON for how small it is. THere are so many people. So we were walking around trying to find needles in haystacks. Old members that stopped coming to church and in the process we found a house of a member that I had been to once before but had no idea where it was. Then we went and the member was there, Sister Failan, she is really old and sick but she told us that she had been praying for the Elders to show up and spontaneously we did. It felt good to be an answer to another persons prayer. I am really enjoying my time with Elder Slade though. He is a cool guy and we have a lot of fun, we laugh 24/7 and it makes the work way more awesome. I now can solve a rubiks cube in 2 minutes and 12 seconds. So yeah, boom. Anywho I love yous all. I will now write a message in Tagalog.

Dapat magingat ang mga aso pagbalik ko doon sa Amerika. Habang tumatagal ang panahon ko dito, nakapagtanto ako na ayaw na ayaw ko so mga aso... Sobrang pangit sila dito sa Pilipinas. Gusto ko silang patayin dahil ang ingay nila. Gusto namin hanapin ang mga magpapaturo sa amin kaso yung mga aso ay sumisira ang lahat! Susunugin ko lahat ang mga aso!!!!!!! 

BYe:)





No comments:

Post a Comment