Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June 5, 2016

So these past few weeks have been awesome. A new transfer has started and Im still here in the Batasan Hills area with Elder Christensen. So at the beginning of a new transfer its always hard to continue with the same fire you had before but its been a week and Elder Christensen have the fire again. We have found about 3 SOLID new investigators who are golden. We had 10 investigators at church last sunday we only had 6 yesterday sadly but a few of our regular attendees were sick so its aight. But yeah we have had some solid referals from ward members and they are coming to church and progressing. We had this one that came to church yesterday for the first time and that was the first time we met her, we visted her afterwards, taught her the plan of salvation, and now she has a baptismal date for July 9. It was actually one of the best lessons I have ever had on my mission. We had our recent convert there, Eros who did awesome at teaching for his first time and the investigator was just so receptive. We taught her the plan of salvation because her father died and she was very close to him. She listened so intently and was just so happy and shocked when we talked about the afterlife. She was especially shocked when we shared about resurrection and shared Alma 40 23. She loved it. Yesterday we also baptized a part member family which was just a great experience. (they are in the pictures below). Johnathan is the father and man he has been an investigator for about 2 years and now he has been baptized. He is a very STRONG convert. He loves the missionaries and I can just tell he will be a leader in the church someday. Hahah those pictures were hard to take down below. Those kids were just not having a good time taking pictures. I had to chase that little girl around and bribe her to take pictures. I really miss the kids back home. I love the kids here but some of them here are just the worst hahah so disrespectful and just so out of control but once in a while I find some really cute ones like the one in the picture. I think I am coming to find that I like the little girls way more than the little boys, they are just way more polite and so nice. Maybe I will have all daughters one day. 

But the work is pressing on. We are killing it here in our area. Elder Christensen is going home in less then 6 weeks:( Its sad. He is a great Elder and I am glad that I got to be companions with him. He really is a great example of just enduring to the end. 

This transfer, I really want to focus on charity and love. I want to obtain the same type of love that Chirst has for everyone. Even though thats nearly impossible, I am gunna try to get close to it. Loving people is just great, I have a hard time with it sometimes especially with people here butt I am getting better at it and i hope and pray I will be a lot more loving to others when I come back. 

Well thats about all I have to say. I love you guys. Have a great week:)
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment